This is a last gasp attempt by Nissan India. The new Nissan Magnite has been under development from quite some time, only to see showrooms in 2020. Given that 2020 has been the year of not-so-many good tidings, will it work for Nissan India? It better do as this is the only product that the company has in its modern day line-up. The mini-SUV’s price tag is quite alluring. The Nissan Magnite price in India starts from Rs 4.99 lakh – Rs 9.35 lakh, ex-showroom. This is an introductory pricing as the cost is going to increase from January 1, 2021. One can book the car online or from the showrooms directly. In what is dubbed as an industry-first, customers are also allowed to experience the vehicle online. It is a test drive experience that can be done virtually. Here then are few reasons why you should buy this mini-SUV.
Reasons to buy the new Nissan Magnite
- It looks awesome and fresh. The resemblance to Datsun models is uncanny but seldom do the latter look gawdy.
- The interior is quite plush with many new features like wireless Android Auto as well as Apple CarPlay, climate control, 8.0-inch touchscreen, digital instrument cluster, push button start and more.
- The SUV has a 205mm ground clearance, second only to the Tata Nexon.
- It’s price tag should be the first and foremost reason to buy this car. Compared to the fact that it has Japanese build quality and reliability associated with it.
- There is an in-built tyre pressure monitor, Nissan Connect and others to help take care of the tech savvy.
- Speaking of tech savvy, the optional Tech package brings with it wireless charging, air purifier, ambient lights and high-end speakers. Well worth the extra money.
- The turbo petrol engine is not only more powerful (100PS/160Nm) as compared to the naturally aspirated motor (72PS/98Nm) but also efficient. It delivers a claimed 20kmpl as opposed to the 18.75kmpl.
There you have it. These reasons should be enough for you to invest money in the new Nissan Magnite. What are your reasons?
MSRP (Ex-Showroom) INR
1.0L B4D Petrol MT
1.0L HRA0 Turbo Petrol MT
1.0L HRA0 Turbo Petrol CVT
More from AutoAlive